2018-2020 Strategic Plan
Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles is committed to providing programs that engage and inspire girls well into the future. Our council is creating a strategic plan for 2018-20 to fearlessly leverage our mission and brave the challenges of the future.
These bold initiatives require our 100+ years of pioneering tradition as well as the resources, partners, and champions that will help us forever change the leadership landscape for the better.
Here's a brief summary of the plan's three main inititives:
• Recruit more girls in underrepresented and under-served communities to the troop pathway.
• Ensure a sustainable volunteer structure that increases the capability of volunteer and girl retention.
• Increase community access to the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE) through community-based partnerships.
• Align the capital development of Camp Lakota, as identified by the master plan, with the delivery of dynamic and high-quality program experiences.
• Leverage our unique outdoor-oriented program centers to reach more girls across Greater LA with the delivery of dynamic high-quality outdoor program experiences.
• Integrate a multi-use model in the relocation or acquisition of new facilities in targeted communities.
• Develop an organization-wide culture of philanthropy.
• Increase individual giving and increase its proportion of overall giving to GSGLA.
• Increase foundation giving and GSGLA’s visibility in the philanthropic community.
• Increase corporate giving and business leader engagement.