Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access
Girl Scouts has always stood for making the world a better place, and our mission is founded in service, opportunity, and encouragement for every girl, everywhere. We will always inspire girls to create a more equitable, just world.
In our Movement, diversity is a hallmark of our membership; equity is at the heart of our foundation; inclusivity is a cornerstone of our culture; and access is at the forefront of the programming and opportunities we provide.
Still, we know that the work to make the world better is never done.
Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles is committed to remaining a force of positive change locally and globally, and we recognize that empathetic leadership is at the core. We are ever-ready to do the work in ensuring that diversity, equity, inclusion, and access are paramount to our mission and an important part of our culture.
Our Girl Scout Family—members, volunteers, leadership, staff—make up
an amazing tapestry of cultures, perspectives, identities, and
beliefs. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
Ways to take action:
As a girl-led organization we support our Girl Scouts' passion and
desire to make a difference within their own communities. See below a
living lists of resources for Girl Scout advocates.
- Girl Scouts of the USA Civic Engagement
- Girl Scouts of the USA Advocacy
- Sign Girl Scouts Stands Against Racism Pledge.
- Join GSGLA's Emerging Leader network—specifically designed for girls in grades 7 through 12—for exclusive access to social impact programs, events, and experiences. Older girls are invited to hone the public speaking, communication, goal setting, advocacy, social awareness, and confidence building skills that will help them positively impact their communites.
- Earn Girl Scouts' Highest Awards. Girl Scout Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards give girls the platform to support an issue they care about—including diversity, equity, inclusion, and access.
- Earn GSGLA's Justice patch program. While courthouses are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can still meet a judge and earn a Justice patch! Please email Jan Zari to schedule a virtual meeting with a federal judge.
Ways to learn:
Resources to promote healthy discussions, debunk myths, help with healing, and ultimately result in uplifting our diverse Girl Scout family, our communities, and our nation.
Girl Scouts' Raising Awesome Girls Articles