Working Together to Keep Our Girl Scout Community Safe
For concerns not covered on this page, please contact Customer Care at 213-213-0123.
At Girl Scouts, our motto is “be prepared.” The COVID-19 (aka coronavirus) protocols at our council are changing rapidly in response to available information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), school districts, and other partners. As Girl Scouts, we have an obligation to our community to do all that we can to limit the spread of coronavirus, even if we as individuals are not at risk of serious illness. See how we are responding to these changing circumstances below.
Big News! Girl Scouts at Home virtual programs:
We know it can be hard for girls to be without their friends and to navigate the challenges of online learning. Fortunately, councils from around the world are coming up with ways to help by offering innovative (and fun!) alternatives to in-person programs on the Girl Scouts at Home web page. Take a look and explore by topic or by grade level. And be sure to share this resource with friends—Girl Scouts and non-Girl Scouts alike!
GSGLA events update:
To continue to help keep our communities safe, the cancellation of GSGLA programs and events has been extended through April 30, except for the Annual Meeting on April 25, the Silver Award Ceremony on April 29, and high award workshops in April—these will be presented online.
- All in-person troop meetings or trips, service unit events, and other volunteer-led programs/events scheduled through April 30 should be canceled.
- All council-sponsored girl and volunteer programs and events scheduled through April 30 have been canceled or postponed*. For events/programs that cannot be postponed, refunds will be provided as per our usual processes. Registrants for any postponed events will remain on the registrant roster, unless a refund is requested. Postponement announcements will be made on the website and via email.
- All properties are closed through April 30. We will issue refunds to all individuals and groups scheduled to use GSGLA properties per our usual processes.
- *Registration remains open for Gold Award and Silver Award trainings/workshops through April. These will be presented as recorded webinars. Girls who had already registered will be contacted with instruction and details about the online format. In addition, GSUSA has offered a three-month extension from Sept. 30 to Dec. 31 to provide flexibility for Girl Scouts completing requirements to earn the high awards.
- *Members 14+ should register for the 2020 Annual Meeting that will be held virtually on Saturday, April 25. Information and details about the online format will be sent via email.
In accordance with leading practices regarding social distancing and Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti's "Safer at Home" order, our staff will be working remotely through April 19. We will continue to provide uninterrupted service. The customer care line, office phone lines, and email remain available for you to reach out to staff. If you have specific questions regarding COVID-19 updates and impact to our programs or services, continue to reach out via our response email address, COVID19@girlscoutsla.org.
We continue to closely monitor developments surrounding the coronavirus. You are encouraged to keep checking this web page, which includes an archive of COVID-19 communications from our CEO.
Articles We Love
Virtual Learning & Activities
Virtual Ways to Connect