Resources & Tools
- Become a Volunteer
- Adult Education Calendar
- Adult Learning/Training
- Become a Troop Leader
- Family Partnership
- Forms & Publications
- Go Teams
- Registration Information
- Resources & Tools
- Training FAQs
- Volunteer of the Month
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Recognition
Volunteer Essentials (click to download) is a reference guide to use as needed. It includes information about starting a troop, important safety reminders (Chapter 4; Safety-Wise), and managing troop finances, and provides an overview of Girl Scouting!
Volunteer Essentials also includes a Quick-Start Guide that provides an overview of everything you need to know to plan your first meeting with girls.
This handy and valuable reference is available for download on our website and is for sale in our Council Shops.
- Introduction: Quick-Start Guide
- Chapter 1: Sharing Your Unique Gifts
- Chapter 2: Girl Scouting as a National Experience
- Chapter 3: Engaging Girls at All Grade Levels
- Chapter 4: Safety-Wise
- Chapter 5: Managing Group Finances
- Chapter 6: Other GSGLA Policy
- Troop Appendix
- Travel Appendix
- Policies and Procedures
Safety Activity Checkpoints
Safety Activity Checkpoints go hand in hand with Volunteer Essentials. The checkpoints help you ensure the safety of your girls as you do activities throughout your Girl Scout adventure. You can download the full version which includes all activities, here.
The checkpoints are formatted as checklists, so that you, your co-volunteers, and the girls can go through and check off that each step has been followed. Examples of checkpoints include kayaking, playgrounds, and theme parks.
- GSGLA Glossary
- Forms Library
- Volunteer Award Certificate Templates - Publisher
- Volunteer Award Certificiate Templates - PDFs
- GSGLA Policies (including information regarding Troop/Group Revenue Earning Policy, Troop/Group Donation Policy, etc.)
- "Cool Tools"
- Resource Web site for Volunteers: This Web site was created as part of a Gold Award Project. It includes videos of simple projects as well as listings of volunteer opportunities in the County of Los Angeles, divided into Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley.