Girl Scout Silver Award Process
- Activity & Event Registration
- Clubs & Teams
- Community Activities
- Community Service
- Girl Leadership Awards
- Made With Code
- Older Girl Opportunities
- Patch Programs
- Program Focus Areas
- Signature Events
The Girl Scout Silver Award is the highest award a Cadette can earn. The Girl Scout Silver Award represents a girl's accomplishments in Girl Scouting and in her community as she grows and works to improve her life and the lives of others. The first four requirements of the Girl Scout Silver Award help girls build skills, explore careers, gain leadership skills, and make a commitment to self-improvement.
Silver Award Process
Have you ever looked around your neighborhood or school and wondered how you could make a change for the better? Going for the Girl Scout Silver Award—the highest award a Cadette Girl Scout can earn—gives you the chance to show that you are a leader who is organized, determined, and dedicated to improving your community. Earning the award puts you among an exceptional group of girls who have used their knowledge and leadership skills to make a difference in the world.
NEW! Launch into Leadership Webinars - These webinars will focus on answering all of your questions regarding the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, award process, and Journeys. Adults and girls are welcome to join the webinars, which are meant to supplement the Gold Award and Silver Award workshops (not replace them). Click here for dates, times, and to register.
Here are the steps you’ll take to earn your Girl Scout Silver Award:
1. Go on a Cadette Journey (complete all of the awards and do a Take Action Project). Once you complete your Journey, the suggested minimum time for earning your Girl Scout Silver Award over the next steps is 50 hours.
2. Identify issues you care about.
3. Build your Girl Scout Silver Award team or decide to go solo. Your team should not exceed four girls for each project.
4. Explore your community.
5. Pick your Take Action project.
6. Develop your project.
7. Make a plan and put it into motion.
8. Reflect, share your story, and celebrate. Evaluate your project with your Girl Scout Silver Award advisor, and complete the Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles Silver Award Final Report e-Form Prep, including the attachments. The e-form cannot be saved, so please use the Silver Award Final Report e-Form Prep Document to draft your final report.
Note: The deadline to submit your Final Report Form is March 1.
AS OF OCTOBER 1, 2015
ALL FINAL REPORTS MUST USE THE e-FORM.
SILVER AWARD RESOURCES
Silver Award Ceremony
Our Silver Award honorees are celebrated by family, friends, volunteers, staff, and special guests at this annual regional event. To qualify for participation in the regional Silver Award Ceremony, girls must meet the March 1 deadline for submitting their final report e-form. If troops/girls submit their final report after the deadline, they will be eligible to participate in the following year’s ceremony.