El Ranchito Day Camp
El Ranchito Day Camp
MISSION OF CAMP
At Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles, our goal is to provide an enriching atmosphere that fosters growth and development in our campers as they participate in carefully designed, dynamic activities.
Our day camps encourage and support girls in:
GSGLA camps focus on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience—a model that engages girls in discovering themselves, connecting with others, and taking action to make the world a better place.
This model is more inclusive and empowering of girls because the experiences are girl-led. Activities encourage experiential and cooperative learning. Each week is a new adventure as girls explore interactive themes that keep them engaged and learning.
SUMMER DAY CAMP OVERVIEW
El Ranchito is a charming, tree-filled setting tucked away in a suburban area in Long Beach. This park-like atmosphere offers plenty of space for girls to enjoy the outdoors. Camp activities include a climbing tower, low ropes elements, archery, gaga court, arts & crafts, and singing camp songs.
- Open to all girls in grades K–6
- Program Aide (PA) Summer Leadership Experience for grades 7–12
- Camp runs June–August, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Morning and evening extended care available at an additional cost
- Five days of programming per session
- First Aid/CPR certified camp staff
- Safe, all-girl environment
WHAT’S INCLUDED AT DAY CAMP
- Fun new themes each week
- Two daily snacks
- Special commemorative item such as a T-shirt, water bottle, bag, or hat
- Camp group photo
- Badges earned during the week
- Camp patch
Day camp sessions average about $30-40 per day. Financial aid is available.
For a full listing of camp programs and their costs, view the GSGLA Summer Camp Guide on our Summer Camp page, available starting in February of each year.
SPECIALTY CAMPS & RENTALS
In addition to hosting summer day camp, El Ranchito offers year-round, staff-hosted weekend specialty camps for troops and families. Visit our Program Calendar for our specialty weekends.
Girl Scouts and the public may also rent the property for events and programs. Facility accommodations include:
- Three campsites with campfire ring
- Troop house with meeting space and central fireplace
- Gaga court
For information on renting properties and pricing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp registration opens February 2017!
EL RANCHITO DAY CAMP
4040 N. Bellflower, Long Beach, CA 90808
P: (626) 677-2300