You Are Here : Home :
Once A Girl Scout, Always A Girl Scout!
Are you one of the 59 million women who were once Girl Scouts? Have you ever volunteered for the Girl Scouts? If so, we invite you to reconnect with the organization that helped make you the remarkable woman you are today.
As a Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles Alumnae Association Member, you will enjoy:
- The confidence that your donation makes a difference in the lives of more than 40,000 girls from diverse backgrounds
- Full access to the secure online Green Directory to build new friendships and expand your professional network
- Monthly e-newsletter with updates on programs and events
- Invitations to local events and GSGLA signature events
- Opportunities to volunteer and to mentor Gold Awardees and younger alumnae
Girl Scouting Works!
The Girl Scout Research Institute recently published Girl Scouting Works: The Alumnae Impact Study. This study shows the impact Girl Scouts has on women later in their lives. Women who were Girl Scouts:
- Display more positive sense of self
- Attain higher levels of education
- Are more likely to achieve their life goals
- Are more engaged in community service
- Are more likely to be leaders
To read more, visit the Girl Scouts Research Institute.
The GSGLA Emerald Spotlight that recognizes a Girl Scout alumna who shows courage, confidence, and character in her current role as a community leader.
Dianne Belk grew up on the cotton fields of the Mississippi Delta and had to sell eggs from one of her family's chickens to pay the one dollar Girl Scout annual dues. She went on to earn the Curved Bar award and to become one of the first femal industrial engineers. Dianne and her husband, Lawrence, now focus on their philanthropic passion of helping young girls reach their full potential. They are the founders of the Juliette Gordon Low Society, which honors friends who choose to make Girl Scouts a beneficiary of their estate. Learn more about Dianne.
Previous Emerald Spotlight Recipients
You Never Stop Being A Girl Scout
Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles CEO Lise L. Luttgens
talks about Girl Scouting and giving back. (June 2011)
If you have any questions about reconnecting with the Girl Scouts, please contact Michele Broadnax at (626) 677-2249 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to getting to know you better!