Teens who earn mentoring awards are given a special opportunity to act as champions for the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
Leader in Action (LiA) Award
Achieving your LiA Award is a prerequisite to earning your Program Aide Award and must be completed before taking Program Aide training. Contact us for more information.
Cadette Program Aide (PA) Award
PAs are role models for younger Girl Scouts. They have an opportunity to deepen their understanding of what leadership development means and guide younger girls to be leaders, too.
Steps to earn the Cadette PA Award:
- Complete the PA Training course offered by council. Check the events calendar.
- Earn one LiA Award.
- Lead 6+ activities sessions with younger Girl Scouts.
Note: Summer camp aides have additional requirements. Please check the current camp guide for more information, and visit our summer camp web page.
Can’t make any Program Aide Trainings? Wish you could do it on your troop or Service Unit’s schedule? Try PA-to-Go—a new, do-it-yourself way to complete the Council Program Aide Training. Simply fill out Reservation Request form at least two weeks before you want to hold the training. You then pick up a box at your local Service Center with all the supplies you need to run the training! Benefits of this program include:
- Train as few as 10 girls at a time
- Facilitate training on date of your choosing
- All needed supplies are provided
- Thorough and easy-to-follow facilitator guide
- Only $10 per girl— PA pin included