While not considered sprawling campgrounds, these amazing properties still provide the best of the great outdoors, including ocean front properties, outdoor oases nestled in the city, and moderate desert campsites. Our program centers are perfect for troop or service unit outings, family adventures, and private events.
For reservations, availabilities, videos, and photos, click here >>
Camp Mariposa is a 1.3-acre program center in Altadena that was totally rebuilt and enlarged in 2001 and is in good condition. It is used for troop and service unit meetings, events, and overnights and council programs and trainings. This facility hosts a 10-week summer day camp that serves up to 105 girls per session. The facility features one main building with large meeting room with kitchen and adjacent restrooms with showers. Amenities include: campfire ring with lodgepole pine benches, outdoor barbecue area with picnic tables, pond with small ceremonial bridge for Girl Scout Bridging Ceremonies, large grassy field, covered patios, and a meadow area for nature study. The gated facility has its own private parking.
Covina Program Center
Covina Program Center consists of two separate buildings that are approximately 1,200 sq. ft. each. The property is located adjacent to Hollenbeck Park. Girl Scouts was granted use of the property in 1958. The exterior was renovated in 2012. Troops use the site for weekly meetings and outdoor camping in the rear fenced yard. Parking is good, as are park amenities. Building #1 has a small restroom, kitchen, and a storage room. Building #2 has a meeting room and a three-stall restroom with a shower. The two buildings straddle a backyard with a small fire pit, concrete patio, and small barbeque grill.
Johnstone Program Center
Johnstone Program Center, circa 1955, is situated on a hillside. Adjacent West Arrow Highway is what is commonly referred to as Upper Johnstone, which is a brick and stone building with a large rectangular main room, fireplace, current kitchen, modern multi-stall ADA compliant restroom, and one single stall restroom. To the rear of the main room exists a shallow concrete patio. Down the hillside exists what is commonly known as Lower Johnstone, a semi-wooded area with trees on flat and sloping grounds. There are two restrooms that require improvements, a fire circle, and a creek that functions as a swale line for storm water runoff from the adjacent hillside homes. The property is primarily used for Troop meetings, small outdoor trainings, and occasional overnight camping.
Marine Landing is a waterfront facility that functions as a day camp during summer months. The facility is also rented to outside groups that primarily use the site to host receptions. During the summer, GSGLA teaches kayaking, canoeing, and sailing along with its normal program center activities. The building is a concrete and brick structure that has two indoor meeting areas, two roll-up doors, and a stainless steel kitchen area. Stored at the facility are (10) sabots, (1) rescue boat, (18) kayaks, and (10) canoes. The site features ADA compliant multi-stall restrooms, with showers, BBQ grill, fire pit, a small waterfront yard, and private beach that is shared with the Boy Scouts. Adjacent to the facility is Mother's Beach, a shallow water beach that is designated for small children and kayakers.
San Gabriel Program Center
San Gabriel Program Center is a single story wood frame structure, circa 1953, that is located within Vincent Lugo Park. The building has an L-shaped configuration and is comprised of a main meeting area, kitchen, ADA accessible multi-stall restroom, with a rear yard and campfire ring comprising approximately 1,600 sq. ft. The site had been offline in recent years due to the renovation of Vincent Lugo Park, which has recently been completed. The building is in good condition and in need of minor improvements/repairs.
Chino Program Center
Chino Program Center is a 1,944 sq. ft. single story structure located on a residential street adjacent to single family homes and a school. The property is used heavily by Troops for weekly meetings and bridging ceremonies. The property has a small front yard and backyard. The backyard has a covered patio with three picnic tables, a custom BBQ grill, and ceremonial bridge. Inside, there are two restrooms, a small kitchen, and three meeting rooms.
El Ranchito is located to the rear of the Long Beach Service Center, and in reality the two sites function as a single multi-purpose site. El Ranchito functions as a day camp during the summer months that supports up to 120 campers per session (8 weeks). In addition to being a day camp, El Ranchito provides program support and overnight camping to Troops and outside rentals. The site is situated next to a series of City Parks, which combined create a recreation zone for the surrounding single family residences. El Ranchito is comprised of a two-acre site that features four campfire rings, four outdoor program shelters, a wash sink, a modern bathhouse facility with multiple showers, ADA compliant restroom stalls, and the Hazle Scott House, a 1,200 sq. ft. single story wood frame program center that features a vaulted ceiling, retractable doors, and a sunken hearth. In 2013 program elements were added to the site to enhance the day camp experience, including a climbing tower, archery range, and gaga court.
La Casita Program Center
La Casita Program Center is a single story adobe brick structure, circa 1947, nestled against a hillside at the base of the Claremont Hills Wilderness Park on a semi-rural five-acre site. There are homes approximately two blocks away; otherwise, the property surroundings are rustic. The building is approximately 1,200 sq. ft. and features a recently renovated kitchen, ADA compliant restroom, meeting room, fireplace, and concrete exterior patio. The campgrounds feature a covered patio, fire pit, and BBQ pit, though the site would benefit from a design plan to maximize exterior program value. The site lends itself to Troop meetings, hiking, outdoor camping and council programs and trainings.
Montrose Program Center
Montrose Program Center is a large two story structure adjacent to multi-family residences, circa 1914 that was acquired by Girl Scouts in 1938. The site underwent a major renovation in 2009. The building has five meeting rooms in total with a large auditorium that encompasses the second floor. The restrooms and kitchen are modern and ADA compliant. To the rear of the building is a large outdoor program area that features a small pond, walking paths, barbeques, campfire ring, deck, ceremonial bridge, and places for limited overnight camping with restroom facilities. The site is frequently used by Troops for meetings, council programs, service unit events, volunteer trainings and meetings, staff meetings, and overnight camping.
Whittier Program Center
Whittier Program Center is a single story wood frame structure that was donated in 1942 and is attached to Broadway Park, a small community park. The structure is surrounded on all sides by single family residences. The structure is comprised of a kitchen, multi-stall restroom, main meeting room, with a smaller room that is approximately 250 sq. ft. The entire structure is approximately 1,400 sq. ft. It has full ADA access compliments of the City. The main room has a fireplace, while the adjacent park features picnic tables, an amphitheater, and jungle gym. The exterior structure and surrounding park are well maintained by the City, while GSGLA maintains the building and pays for all utilities and insurance.